Friday, September 28, 2012

Sequin Leaf Headband


Hey yall. I do a lot of my own hair accessory making, mainly so I can position things how I want them and because it is way cheaper. And my favorite accessory store is in another city so if I'm not going to that city I'm not gonna make a special trip unless I really want some accessories. So this post and the next post are going to be about head bands. I like to purchase my head band supplies on ebay, because well I love ebay. They are always made from some applique or feathers and gems, or a combination of the latter. Today's head band is an applique.


My arsenal: Hot glue gun (not shown), metal headband, and sequin applique.


First I lined up where I wanted the applique to be. I have a basic way of how I lay them out so I don't do any marking or anything but you could if you like with maybe a visible tape on the under side of the headband.

Then I start at the base of the applique and start slowly gluing it on the metal band. Approximately 1cm at a time because the shapes of the appliques differ so I take it slowly.

I continue to apply the glue and make sure that it is completely glued before I let it sit. Most people put a felt backing on their headbands I don't mainly because they are for me so why waste felt? I don't care what the bottom looks like.

Then after I know that the glue is completely dry I try it on to see how it looks. Believe me you must wait if you don't put felt on it, hot glue and hair don't mix. (please ignore the dandruff) 

One Artsy Mama

Thirty Handmade Days
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment